[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: SanDisk cards flakey?

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: SanDisk cards flakey?
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 18:00:50 -0800

> > Or maybe I have to try to use another brand SD card
> > rather than Sandisk?
>
> It's possible you need to use another brand card, as these seem to be
> notoriously flaky.

SanDisk SD cards are not notoriously flaky.  They invented the SD Card
format and are, I believe, the largest maker of Flash devices in the
world.  They're the gold standard for SD cards (and their "Extreme"
line is the gold standard for endurance, surviving in cameras
destroyed by flying debris, dropped from balloons at tens of thousands
of feet, etc).

If the USRP2 is notoriously flaky with SanDisk SD cards, there's
almost certainly something wrong with the USRP2's implementation of
the SD card interface -- not with SanDisk cards.

        John