Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about BasicTX

From: Tommi Rouvali
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about BasicTX
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 07:20:59 +0200

The output power of Basic TX is about 0.5 mW, and it is too low for air
transmit. Your gain booster sounds just fine, and it should do the
trick. But can you tell what frequency you are trying to transmit and
does your booster operate on that frequency? Also, it would be good idea
to use /usrp_siggen/.py to generate sin-signal and measure the output
power of your booster. Note that /usrp_siggen/.py has amplitude (-A)
parameter that you should set to 32000 to get the maximum power output
from Basic TX.

What kind of antennas you have?