[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 reference clocking

From: Krishna S
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 reference clocking
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 16:57:38 +0530 (IST)

Hi,

      I am trying to synchronize two USRP2s. I connected GPS 10MHz clock to ref clock (to SMA) of 1st USRP2, and used the MIMO connector from 1st USRP2 to 2nd USRP2 as given in the http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/USRP2GenFAQ#What-are-the-electrical-specifications-for-the-10MHz-reference-signal. I noticed the clock drift is still there and no synchronization. Couple of questions.

(i) Do I have to do any modification in the source code and in the firmware?
(ii) Is there any simple program to check if USRP2 is locked to external ref clock.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Krishna S