[Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio

From: cristian paul peñaranda rojas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:00:45 -0500

I heard about gnuradio since a year ago, and well realize the power of the
power o software combined with especific hardware
like URSP could make awesome things in radio astronomy, GSM networks researh,
Ham radio and so on.

But i also discover (may be  i'm wrong) that the only avaliable proven hardware
to work with is URSP, wich is a great device but is the only one out there.

I'm writing here to as about hardware the requirements/steps to a hardware be
considered a posible new device to be integrated in gnuradio.

But also i want to introduce a copyleft board called SAKC [1], wich in general
terms is a SoC chip plus a spartan3E fpga plus IO,
surely is too short description so here is a block diagram to chek [2]. As you
can see there is no ADC DAC modules yet, but may be you  can suggest one,
 and review this board as a possible gnuradio new hardware. And in the ways
support copyleft hardware devices. And knows also copyleft gnuradio ASICS :)

I'm not a hardware or sofware developer, i'm just learning from all this
projects so dont blame me if i used a wrong term.
But i'm conviced of the importance of having our own free/libre software and
coplyeft hardware. [3]

Thats all, i'll waiting for your answers/comments that also will be forwarded
to qi-hardware devel list.

Saludos

Cristian Paul

[1] http://en.qi-hardware.com/wiki/SAKC