Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio

From: Per Zetterberg
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Considerations for new hardware in gnuradio
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 11:29:36 +0200

Hi All,

If we had an fpga image that allowed us to store samples on the USRP2 that would be very benefitial, at least for me. Then one could test algorithms with 100MHz sample-rate. Yes, it would not be possible to use the channel continously. Receiving 1ms of samples would take 4ms to upload. However, using the time-stamp functionality one can synchronize nodes to transmit and receive at the same time and thereby enable testing e.g. interference rejection algorithms.

BR/
Per

Quoting George Nychis <address@hidden>:

Short but sweet response.  It would be great to have a SDR hardware board
that works with GNU Radio that has a very, very, low latency connection to
the host, like PCI express.  Similar to the Microsoft Research SDR
(previously named SORA).  That would be great and open up possibilities of
low latency MAC protocol implementations.

Just sayin'!

- George