Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install Issues (linker can't find -lboost_program

From: Mike Benonis
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Install Issues (linker can't find -lboost_program_options)
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 16:29:10 -0400

OK, we're up and running!  Turns out Ubuntu had Boost included, so SKIP the
boost install step.

Here's what I needed to do to make it work.  From a botched make, I did the
following in the gnuradio directory:
make uninstall
make clean
make distclean

I probably could simplify that, but it works.  Then:

./bootstrap
./configure --with-boost=/usr/include/boost --with-boost-lib=/usr/lib

Now, inspect config.log to make sure it is happy:
more config.log | grep "boost"

Look for "yes" next to all boost-related things.  Then:
make
make check
make install

Finally, you may need to edit your /etc/ld.so.conf file to include the
following lines:
/usr/lib/
/usr/local/lib/

Then run sudo ldconfig to read the changes.  Finally, run this:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lob

Everything should now work.  Anyone want to edit the Wiki to include this
information?

Mike