Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't get SDR Transceiver running

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't get SDR Transceiver running
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 00:58:02 +0200

On 16 June 2010 19:23, Matthias Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> I downloaded the SDR Transceiver project files v1.0.4
> ("sdr_transceiver_1.0.4.tar.gz") from the link below, read the manual
> and so on. I opened the command prompt and started "./gui.py" which also
> worked quite well. But: it doesn't work! The first GUI window looks
> good. It is for selecting the mode (AM, FM, SSB, CW). But after pressing
> the "Select" button no FFT GUI comes up with all the sliders, text boxes
> and stuff. I also tried to edit the config_XX.py files.

>> B: <none>
>>       r.baseband_frequency = 0.0
>>       r.dxc_frequency = 14200000.0
>>       r.residual_frequency = -0.762939453125
>>       r.inverted = False
>>
>> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::invalid_argument'
>
> There must be a problem calculating the residual frequency!
>
> Would be great if you could help me as I don't have any experience with
> python.
>
> I've got a 32-bit machine running with Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty), a BasicRX
> extension card in the slot of RXA (so far no TX board, maybe someone has
> a cheap one?). But at the moment I rather think this might be a software
> problem.

Hi Matthias

I tested that software back in January and it worked quite well. I
found in my notes that it required an RX/TX pair mounted on side B of
the USRP. It didn't work without a transmitter board.

The code is a little difficult to read because it is generated by GRC
then modified by hand and it mixes the receiver and transmitter paths
together. If you are looking for some examples, the gnuradio examples
in /usr/share/gnuradio/examples might be easier to understand.

Alex