[Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling at 100MS

From: Gregor Dschung
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sampling at 100MS
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:03:33 +0100

Hello,

in dsp_core_rx.v, what would be the best place to tap the samples for working at 100MS? Currently, I'm using i_cordic and q_cordic (rounded by something like "round_reg #(.bits_in(24),.bits_out(16)) round_isamplefull (.clk(clk),.in(i_cordic),.out(i_sample_full_scaled))"), but the block I've designed doesn't work as simulated by Simulink with an input at 100MS (for the simulation, I've used an interpolated 20MS recording from GNU Radio). So before I spend hours to find the problem inside the block (or to redesign the block, so it's working on 25MS), I would like to exclude the problem in the block's linkage. I'm asking myself, if the scaling and rotation of the samples (from adc_i/q * scale_i/q => prod_i/q => i/q_cordic) is depending on the set decimation---hence a preparatory work that has to be done for the CIC/halfband decimation filters---or not, meaning it's a general and reasonable digital signal process. If so, should I rather tap on adc_i/q than on i/q_cordic?
Any hint is appreciated.

Best Regards,
Gregor

PS: Can't decide which list I should write to (general dsp question or ursp2-specific?), so this mail is going to both ;)