Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Confusing uO Errors

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Confusing uO Errors
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:28:29 -0800

You're probably getting interrupted by some scheduler-chewing task. If
you don't mind risking locking your system up, try prefacing your
command with "sudo nice -n-20 " to give your process priority.

You should also benchmark your HDD with hdparm or Bonnie to get a handle
on what you can actually write for sustained periods of time.

If all else fails, create a ramdisk to save your samples:

mount -t tmpfs /mnt/ramdisk -o -size=512m

...and copy them over to HDD when you're done streaming.

--n