Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finally compiled USRP2 code works fine with UDPim

From: Gabriel Morel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Finally compiled USRP2 code works fine with UDPimage ...but not with compiled Raw Ethernet Image
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 15:31:13 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matt Ettus" <address@hidden>
To: "Gabriel Morel" <address@hidden>
Cc: <address@hidden>
Sent: Wednesday, January 12, 2011 2:43 PM

Matt: If the raw ethernet version can only be compile with ISE 10.1, why
the bin file on the net is 842.4KB. When I compile the project on
ISE10.1, the bin file is 837KB

Gabriel,

I can't follow what you are doing here. Do you want the raw ethernet version or the udp version? Which version of ISE are you using?

I strongly suggest you pick ONE ISE version and ONE version of the image that you want, and stop wasting your time and my time with the other version.

Matt

Matt,

Ok, I will compile the raw ethernet project for the USRP2 to be sure that I can modify it and use the modified version to my master. I was try to compile the project fpga.git under ISE10.1 and under ISE12.1. The two method compile well, give two different size of binary file, but both don't work in the USRP2.

I compared the size of my two binary file with the binary file on the net, and the raw ethernet file on the net is the same size than my binary file maked under ISE12.1. This is why I ask for anybody to make same procedure than me to compare the data. I have to find the way to compile a good file of the raw ethernet version.

But after some test, I can affirm that the problem is not the card, not the version of ISE and not the radio that I use. The problem can be the project under the repo git://ettus.sourcerepo.com/ettus/fpga.git, or maybe it's not the good repo. And it's not only for me, I think it's a major bug and it needs to be repair.

If you don't trust me, try it. Use Xilinx on Windows, create a project and put in all file of all different makefile in the repo for USRP2 with u2_rev3.v in top. Implement top module and create the bin file. After, give me some news plz. It's not loosing time, nobody had answer to my question and somebody have same problem than me. Thx a lot.

Gab