Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM on USRP2

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM on USRP2
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:48:16 -0800

On 01/17/2011 11:31 AM, Veljko Pejovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I updated the OFDM example. You can find it at
> http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~veljko/downloads/ofdm_example.tar.gz
>
> It supports both USRPs and the UHD driver. I get pretty bad
> performance with UHD receiver for some reason. Any ideas?

For the UHD performance issue, which model usrp? The following applies
to usrp2:

Was the bad performance on a transmit + receive application? There was
an issue where if receive was not keeping up, the transmit flow control
could be hampered; this is fixed on next branch.

Or was it receive only? And in any case did UHD print and warnings about
buffer sizes? Because it needs sysctl permission to allocate a large
enough receive buffer.

-josh