[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP N210 - ping timeout - no contact !

From: John Rohde
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP N210 - ping timeout - no contact !
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 15:03:06 +0100

Hi,

I am testing 4 new USRP N210 out-of-the-box. Both direct cable connection and connection through 1 Gbit switch has been tested. Same result: ping times out, but Wireshark reveals ping reply from USRP N210 at network interface card level. Wireshark data also reveals checksum error in ICMP (reply from box). Needless to say, that command "uhd_find_devices" comes out with "No UHD Devices Found". Ping tests have been done both in Windows (from command prompt) and from Ubuntu platform.

Tests have been carried out with two labtops - both equipped with 1Gbit network cards (validated). Ping between the two labtops configured as 192.168.10.1 and 192.168.10.3, respectively, checks out ok.

Any good ideas out there ?? I am getting a little frustrated :)

Regards,

John