Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Next updated

From: Douglas Geiger
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Next updated
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2011 16:39:34 -0500

Among some of the additions in there was the new library libvolk_orc -
which apparently requires orc to build. Can you give a brief bit about
the use of orc? I gather from google that it is the oil runtime
compiler, and that it is part of the liboil, which seems to have at
least a related set of goals as volk. Is orc going to become a
required/recommended tool for building gnuradio/volk, or is volk
simply using it when available to help with optimization?On that
subject, can you give a brief bit about the use of orc? I gather from
google that it is the oil runtime compiler, and that it is part of the
liboil, which seems to have at least a related set of goals as volk.
Is orc going to become a required/recommended tool for building
gnuradio/volk, or is volk simply using it when available to help with
optimization?
 Thanks,
  Doug