Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doubt about FPGA code and firmware

From: Matthias Wilhelm
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Doubt about FPGA code and firmware
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 18:45:39 +0100

Hello,

if you plan to use any part of the USRP2's hardware (daughterboard, ADC, UART,
ethernet, ...) and don't want to implement all the steps required to configure
and use them properly, I would suggest to integrate your code parallel to the
vanilla system (the UHD one!), it is far more work to get it running otherwise.
The firmware does a lot of stuff. If you don't plan to use the hardware why not
use a Spartan evaluation kit instead, they have nicer I/O capabilities for
experimenting and testing?

Matthias