Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] N210 connects but unreachable, only orange light

From: Jason Abele
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] N210 connects but unreachable, only orange light ON
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 18:21:18 -0800

> But now we see a solid orange light ON with no blinking and the green light
> is OFF. The ping requests are not being returned but the N210 stays
> connected to the PC. Is there anyway to reset the device? My colleague is
> not able to remember if he could have possibly burnt some incompatible/wrong
> firmware images as we have 2 N210s we're trying to set up. Is there any way
> to revive our N210? These creatures entered our lab only a couple of days
> ago!

Whoops, sounds like you might have written the fpga and firmware to
the opposite locations.

As noted in the usrp-users list:
http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2011-February/000686.html

We have seen a few people inadvertently suffer from this mistake.

Good news is its fairly easy to get you fixed up.  I will follow up
with you offlist to get this corrected

For others updating their N210 firmware, please make sure to use the
usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py from January 28th or later

Thanks
Jason