Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FM Receiver

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] FM Receiver
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2011 20:07:40 -0500

On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Anoth <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Josh,
>
> Yes, I have already though about that and I tried to match the sample and
> sound card rates without success (but I might made a mistake). I have also
> read on the Internet that it might come from the sound card which cannot
> support all rates but I did not find anything more about that subject. Here
> the python code generated by GRC :
> http://old.nabble.com/file/p31009164/wfm_rx.py wfm_rx.py
>
> Francois

I think Josh is right and it's a sampling rate error. When you set the
sampling rate of the USRP, ask the UHD driver what the current
sampling rate is. Use what it returns to you to adjust the sampling
rate properly. I ran into this same issue and solved it by using the
pfb_arb_resampler block (Polyphase Resampler in GRC) to adjust the
rates correctly.

Tom