[Discuss-gnuradio] High CPU usage

From: peng senl
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] High CPU usage
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 04:47:32 +0800 (CST)

> The legacy driver or UHD? Are you using 32-bit complex
> floats or
> 16-bit complex shorts for you data?

In my case, I am using GNU Radio with USRP2 in C++.
The CPU usage for 5MHz is 30% with 3.2 G duo core CPU and around 70% for 20MHz
sample frequency.

> I'd be very interested to hear your benchmarking of the
> different
> types here. That is UHD/32fc vs. USRP2/32fc and UHD/16sc
> vs.
> USRP2/16sc. Also, UHD/32fc vs. UHD/16sc.

I just read data coming over the Ethernet. I did not even convert from big to
little endian or convert data to other format. So I try to minimize the
operations. But I still get such a high CPU usage. I wondering is it possible
to simplify the data receive operations.