[Discuss-gnuradio] UHD I/O Data Types

From: Arya Santini
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD I/O Data Types
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 20:42:18 -0700

Hello..

The I/O types defined in the uhd::io_type_t class lists 4 COMPLEX
types and a CUSTOM type. What I/O type should I specify in the call to
send()/recv() if my baseband signal is real and not complex, say I'm
transmitting from a file containing real samples of float type. How is
a sample type of real float or real short interpreted and/or converted
by the UHD library to shorts over the wire?

Thanks,
Arya