[Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,

From: Mark Colin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 11:48:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Marcus,

     yes you are right, anyway it was my first post :). So regarding the USRP1 and UHD. As I wrote before I installed everything I found on http://www.ettus.com/downloads/gnuradio/. When I run from command line the uhd_find_devices.exe nothing happend, no error, nothing. If it would receive some error messages maybe I could solve it, but nothing, the situation is the same for the uhd_usrp_probe.exe.

   I don't know what could be wrong with it, anyway I will write down in a few points what I have done:
1. Install gnuradio_deps-b1_44_r0-win32.exe
2. Install gnuradio-v3.3.1git-993-g082e85a-win32.exe
3. Install UHD-003.000.001-win32.exe
4. Unrar libusb_2010.10.06.7z
5. Unrar swigwin-2.0.1.zip
6. Unrar fftw-3.2.2.pl1-dll32.zip
7. Unrar cppunit-1.12.1.tar.gz
8. Install gsl-1.8.exe
9. Unrar and install erllc_uhd_winusb_driver.zip
10. Install python-2.7.1.msi
11. Install pygtk-all-in-one-2.22.6.win32-py2.7.msi
12. Install numpy-1.5.1-win32-superpack-python2.7.exe
13. Install PyQt4.Qwt5-5.2.1.win32-py27.exe
14. Install PyQt-Py2.7-x86-gpl-4.8.2-1.exe
15. Install setuptools-0.6c11.win32-py2.7.exe
16. I got the usrp1_fpga.rbf and usrp1_fw.ihx, both are placed into a folder.

Each of these are installed or unrared into a folder named USRP1Env, in separate subfolders.

I set in User Variables the following values.
In PATH variable I set:
1. ...\USRP1Env\fftw-3.2.2.pl1-dll32\

2. ...\USRP1Env\gnuradiodeps\lib\     -    it containes cppunit_dll, qwt5, boost libraries, libfftw3l-3, libgsl, libusb-1.0

3. ...\USRP1Env\libusb\MS32\dll\

4. ...\USRP1Env\gnuradio33\lib\

5. ...\USRP1Env\gsl18\bin\

6. ...\USRP1Env\Python27\Lib

7. ...\USRP1Env\UHD\lib

in the PYONPATH variable I set:

1. ...\USRP1Env\Python27\Lib\site-packages.

When I connect my USRP1 to PC I can see it in Device Manager as "Ettus Research LLC USRP1", but when trying the uhd_find_devices.exe and uhd_usrp_probe.exe nothing happend.

Could you tell me please if there is anything missing or not set as needed, or maybe I didn't understood perfectly how this whole UHD, GNURADIO, USRP thing is working. Anyway there is any good tutorial or something similar for this, where is presented step by step the whole installation process and the first configuration of an example. Maybe for people like you there's no problem to install all these development tools and to make interesting projects but for me and others who are starting to use UHD, GNURADIO it's quite difficult. If there were such kind of tutorial this whole forum wouldn't be full of questions from begginers related to different installation issues.

Thank you very very much for your answer.

Mark.