Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio Port: The system cannot find the file sp

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio Port: The system cannot find the file specified
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 08:51:28 -0700

>> That usually means a dll is not in your %PATH%.
>> Set the %PATH% environment variable for your gnuradio install, this is
>> usually:
>>
>>      * c:\program files (x86)\uhd\bin

it dawned on my that I didnt leave in the instructions a note to install
uhd, basically you need uhd.dll in your %PATH%, and thats where the
error is coming from

>>      * c:\program files (x86)\gnuradio\bin
>>      * c:\python27\lib\site-packages\pyqt4\bin

I tried to ship the dll dependencies w/ the installer. But I had forgot
about qt runtime. So this little requirement should go away for my next
installer.

> Further, you have to add those paths to the *SYSTEM* instance of the
> %PATH% variable.  Adding them to the *USER* instance doesn't appear to
> allow you to load DLLs.

FWIW I have been adding everything to the user side of the environment
vars. Maybe you are running the app as a different user?

-Josh