Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio Port: The system cannot find the file sp

From: Ryan van den Bergh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuRadio Port: The system cannot find the file specified
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:10:21 +0200

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the suggestions!

I can run top_block.py from the command line, and I've saved it in My Documents folder, however I still can't get GNU Radio Companion to execute the file. Do I perhaps have to do something special when running the gnuradio-companion.py file?

The command I'm using at the moment is: D:\Python27\python.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnuradio\bin\gnuradio-companion.py"

Thanks and kind regards,

Ryan

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 7:15 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

> Unfortunately this hasn't cleared up my other problem. I'm still getting
> this error when I try to run a simple flow graph in Gnu Radio Companion:
>
> Generating: "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnuradio\bin\top_block.py"
>
> Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\gnuradio\bin\top_block.py"
> [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

2 suggestions

1) Execute from the command line:
c:\python27\python.exe <path to top_block.py>
And see if that gives you more verbose

2) Move top_block.py to a different directory (like in your user home).
Generally, dont save stuff in program files (although I cant say thats
the problem)

-Josh