Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Gnuradio and Uhd on windows,
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:40:18 -0700

On 04/15/2011 04:15 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
> On 04/15/2011 07:06 PM, Josh Blum wrote:
>>> that can't find MSVCP100.dll, after I downloaded the MSVCP100.dll it
>>> asked for
>>> MSVCR100.dll, after that it started with some error saying that it
>>> wasn't able
>>> to locate an entry point into MSVCR100.dll. So, unfortunatelly it's
>>> not working.
>>>
>> Install msvc redistributable package.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=a7b7a05e-6de6-4d3a-a423-37bf0912db84
>>

>> -Josh
>>

> So, maybe we've reached the point on the Windows binary stuff where a
> "mega installer" is called for, kind of like

Its funny, the installer is almost like that. Everything thats not
python is actually in there. (aside from msvc redistributable package)
15 of the 20 mb are dlls from the dependencies.

>   build-gnuradio, but for the Winderz binary install?  Install the
> dependencies, UHD, Gnu Radio, and maybe edits your
>   PATHs appropriately?  I dunno if that's even possible on Windows, and
> I don't even know how to do it, and I'm not

Honestly, I'm new to this windows installer thing. I have no idea what
the correct answer is. I come from a linux background thinking that
setting the PATH is the greatest thing ever.

Do i install everything in system32 and not even set the paths? Should
there be a batch script installed to the start menu that sets the path
and then executes grc? Some burdens are easier for me to pass unto the
user...

>   volunteering.  And I know the Josh object(s) has just *sooooo* much
> free time :-)

There is always more time if you know where to look. Like sleep, is it
necessary? Some experts say otherwise.

-Josh