[Discuss-gnuradio] Error when using UHD, GRC

From: Mark Colin
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error when using UHD, GRC
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 15:15:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

   I installed latest UHD (on a WinXP SP3 OS) but when I'm trying to run the uhd_find_devices.exe I receive this error:

C:\program files (x86)\uhd\bin>uhd_find_devices
Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 10.0; Boost_104400; UHD_003.000.001-release

Device discovery error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote
 host
-- UHD Device 0
Device Address:
    type: usrp1
    name:
    serial: 4bd1fd09

when I try the
uhd_usrp_probe.exe I receive the following error message:

C:\program files (x86)\uhd\bin>uhd_usrp_probe
Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 10.0; Boost_104400; UHD_003.000.001-release

Error: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host

Could anybody explain me why I'm getting this error?

I would like to ask a second question, maybe I don't understand it well.

I installed UHD, GNURadio latest versions, Python and many dependencies, but when I'm trying to make a simple flowgraph in Gnuradio companion (a Signal source connected to a NULL sink) it says that I don't have installed grc_wxgui, the error is:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "D:\TestProjects\Test\top_block.py", line 12, in <module>
    from grc_gnuradio import wxgui as grc_wxgui
ImportError: cannot import name wxgui

It means GRC when parsing schematic writes in source code that it requires wxgui, but WXGUI is not ported as I saw on joshknows.com.

Could anybody tell me what the problem could be?

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Mark.