Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD

From: LRK
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] building under FreeBSD
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2012 08:27:10 -0600

On Thu, Jan 05, 2012 at 03:18:02PM -0800, Josh Blum wrote:

> > Best I can make out the cmake stuff, if it doesn't find libusb-1.0 it
> > does not build. Never looks for any libusb libraries in /usr/lib/ or
> > /usr/local/lib.
>
> Since there is no pc file, you have to manually point cmake to the
> libusb1.0 install. You might try this (I assume thats the correct lib):
>
> cmake -DLIBUSB_INCLUDE_DIR=/usr/include
> -DLIBUSB_LIBRARIES=/usr/lib/libusb.so <src_dir>

We are still talking about FreeBSD 8.x here, there IS NO libusb-1.0!

The pointer you sent tells about FreeBSD 8.x using libusb-2.0 as it
was developed from libusb-1.0 and that projects should run under FreeBSD
8.x if developed elsewhere using libusb-1.0.

I got the tarball and tried to build it under FreeBSD 7.4 in case it
would do better than libusb-0.1 but the configure says "unsupported OS".
Probably does that under 8.2 but I haven't got that far.

Since FreeBSD has /usr/lib/libusb.a, /usr/lib/libusb.so, etc., they should
be used by normal cmake instead of demanding libusb-1.0 from outside.

--
LRK
gr-user . ovillatx.sytes.net