Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About how to write c++ based signal processing bl

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] About how to write c++ based signal processing block
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 18:29:35 +0100

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 11:15:55AM -0600, Alex Zhang wrote:
> Hi Gurus,
>
> To learn how to write the signal processing block over C++, I downloaded the
> gr-how-to-write-a-block and successfully build the block and passed the test.
>
> But my question is, for a block writer who is not familiar with the complex
> building tree, like the makefile writing, can the future block writing just be
> simply based on the building framework provided by the
> gr-how-to-write-a-block example? I mean, I do not want to dig too much the
> makefile, but just reuse the current example with minor modification, to meet
> all the requirements from the new block generating.

Sure that's OK.
You can also use gr_modtool.py (available at https://cgran.org/wiki/devtools)
which does all the Makefile editing for you.

If you're using the autotools version of howto-write-a-block (which
apparently you are), you need the older version.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Communications Engineering Lab (CEL)