Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Benchmark Tx Issue?

From: Florian Schlembach
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Benchmark Tx Issue?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:23:25 +0100

I highly suspect it's user error :) but I'm truly at a loss right now as to the
error.

Michael,
we encountered a very similar issue and spent already a lot of time on that. Configuration is the same except we are using an USRP2 though.

We also did not receive anything at the RX side although the spectrum looked quite good as we have checked that via usrp_fft.py. Ultimately, we found out that it was about the sampling rate. We were able to receive something with a sampling rate (respective bandwidth ) from 1.5 MSamples/s, better 2 MS/s. We are assuming that this might be a decimation rate issue. We facing the same problems with both a XCVR2450 and an RFX daugherboards. We checked whether lower sampling rates are working with both daughterboards (with another SDR implementation called Iris, also uses UHD) and they do! Thus, this might eventually be a problem of GNU Radio.

Could you check whether you are receiving something with higher sampling rates? Just invoke your benchmark scripts with a higher bandwidth, e.g. -W 2M

BRs, Florian