Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Benchmark Tx Issue?

From: Florian Schlembach
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM Benchmark Tx Issue?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:35:16 +0100

Are you seeing the 1 MHz offset when you use the uhd_siggen.py? Or is it
just with the OFDM transmitter?

What is this tool doing? Transmitting a sine and checking the offset. Sorry, for the moment I have no possibilitie to check that.

> It's because with the larger bandwidth, the subcarriers, too, have a
> larger bandwidth. The coarse frequency correction is only set to look at
> so large an offset based on a number of subcarriers (+/-5 or 10), so now
> with the same frequency offset, 5 (or 10) carriers is a larger frequency
> span to check.

@Tom
does that mean that there is only a coarse frequency correction implemented? How could I overcome the offset in the easiest way? Checking it by usrp_siggen.py and adjust in manually or are there some smart correction algorithms implemented?