Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] detecting spectrum holes

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] detecting spectrum holes
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 10:03:33 -0400

On Thu, 22 Mar 2012 15:38:18 +0200, Abdelrahman Ahmed wrote:

frist of all i have two laptops with ubuntu 11.10 x32bit installed inside windows 7 professional x64, i used this link in synaptic to install gnuradio packages:

11.10 contains 3.2.2.dfsg-1ubuntu7 (http://packages.ubuntu.com/oneiric/gnuradio)

 and this guide to install the other packages :

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/UbuntuInstall#Install-Dependencies

After successful installation still there is UHD, i installed it through this:

git clone git://code.ettus.com/ettus/uhd.git

cd uhd/host

mkdir build

cd build

cmake ../

make

make test

sudo make install

#Check where your path is with "find |grep libuhd"

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/local/lib

after that i checked:
python worked
gnuradio-companion worked
gnuradio worked

so guide me if i mess something or did something wrong in installation step ?
i will provide you with other information about hw setup and what each usrp box contain? in Saturday

USB device performance/reliability inside a VM from Windows is not good at all, and I'm surprised you can get anything to work at all this way.