[Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with update of GNU Radio

From: frankist
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with update of GNU Radio
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 06:33:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am using the computer of my university lab which had the 3.4.1 version of
GNU Radio installed. I decided to download the build-gnuradio script from
the gnuradio.org/ website. I installed the newest version and now every time
I use the USRP it gives me this error:

RuntimeError:
Please update the firmware and FPGA images for your device. See the
application notes for USRP2/N-Series for instructions.
Expected FPGA compatibility number 9 but got 7:
The FPGA build is not compatible with the host code build.

This seems to be a problem of multiple builds, however the build-gnuradio
script says that it will remove any old version of gnuradio so I don't
know... Anyway, one possible solution would be eliminating every gnuradio
file from the usr/local/share, etc. and install everything again. However, I
am not the owner of the computer so I don't have permission to delete this
files.

So the only solution I have is making this work with the 2 versions
installed I think. Isn't there a way to do this?