Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] video streaming on ofdm

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] video streaming on ofdm
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 12:09:11 -0400

On Sat, Apr 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM, rara <address@hidden> wrote:

> hye...
> i'm using grc for video streaming of ofdm system...
> i manage to transmit the video but the quality is so bad....
> and sometime the video can play,but sometime it doesn't play at all...
> how to improve the video quality?is it approriate to add buffer on it?
> and i got this message...what does it meant??

The OFDM you're using is just the PHY layer. There are lots of other
parts to a working video streaming application (all the other layers
of the stack). Any you probably don't even have FEC in the system. So
yes, there are lots of other things you can do to make the stream play
better.

> gst-launch -v playbin uri=file:///root/rx
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> ERROR: from element
> /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind:
> Stream contains no data.
> Additional debug info:
> gsttypefindelement.c(570): gst_type_find_element_handle_event ():
> /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind:
> Can't typefind empty stream
> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> Freeing pipeline ...
>
> tq

That's outside of GNU Radio and I have no experience with it. Sorry,
can't help you with this one.

Tom