Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] video streaming on ofdm

From: sumitstop
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] video streaming on ofdm
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 03:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

actually I did this one .. I was having the problem of bad video quality so I
reduced the fps and it was better. here is the link. I am not sure if it
will be of accurate help ...

(I guess u must have seen this already :-D)

http://wiki.oz9aec.net/index.php/Simple_DVB_with_Gstreamer_and_GNU_Radio

he is not using ofdm but still u can see the values which u want.. hope it
will help

rara wrote:

> here is command that i use...
>
> gst-launch -e v4l2src ! video/x-raw-yuv, framerate=10/1, width=320,
> height=240 ! ffmpegcolorspace ! ffenc_mpeg4 ! avimux ! filesink
> location=tx
>
> i manage to receive the webcam,but at certain time the video stop and
> suddenly play so fast showing on the previous playback...someone suggest
> me to add buffer for smooth video..but, i'm out of idea how to implement
> the buffer on my grc block...can u help me??regarding on the fps, i cant
> see what value are suitable to be used n why the value should be like
> that...
>

> sumitstop wrote:
>>
>> try reducing the fps. this worked for me
>>

>> rara wrote:
>>>
>>> hye...
>>> i'm using grc for video streaming of ofdm system...
>>> i manage to transmit the video but the quality is so bad....
>>> and sometime the video can play,but sometime it doesn't play at all...
>>> how to improve the video quality?is it approriate to add buffer on it?
>>> and i got this message...what does it meant??
>>>
>>> gst-launch -v playbin uri=file:///root/rx
>>> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
>>> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
>>> ERROR: from element
>>> /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind:
>>> Stream contains no data.
>>> Additional debug info:
>>> gsttypefindelement.c(570): gst_type_find_element_handle_event ():
>>> /GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind:
>>> Can't typefind empty stream
>>> ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
>>> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
>>> Freeing pipeline ...
>>>
>>> tq

-----