Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multimode.py and osmsdr module

From: Phil
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Multimode.py and osmsdr module
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 19:27:55 +1000

On 07/06/12 19:13, Alexandru Csete wrote:
On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 10:46 AM, Phil<address@hidden>  wrote:
Another question I'm afraid,

I've resolved, I think, my previous question about the module path. The
module rtlsdr does not exist on my system even though I have the rtlsdr
library installed. So, I presume that the module has to be created somehow.

Moving on, I'm trying to get multimode.py going and again I've run up
against a missing module. This time it's osmosdr and again I have osmosdr
installed but not the module osmssdr.py.

So my question is, how do I create the module osmosdr so that I can continue
my way through multimode.py?

You have to install gr-osmosdr to get proper RTL-SDR support in GNU Radio.
Osmosdr is for the Osmo SDR hardware, gr-osmosdr is the wrapper into GNU Radio:
http://cgit.osmocom.org/cgit/gr-osmosdr/

Thanks for your reply Alex,

I have both rtlsdr and osmsdr installed. The applications that I'm trying to get going both need either rtlsdr and or osmosdr python modules which aren't on my system. So I guessed that I have to build the modules, somehow.

I'm wondering why you want to work in python instead of gnuradio-companion?

I have gnuradio-companion installed but that looks even more unfathomable than trying to get a python application going.

Do you have a suggestion on how I might get something going using gnuradio-companion?

--
Regards,
Phil