[Discuss-gnuradio] gr-trellis convolutional coder FSM

From: Clemens Hopfer
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] gr-trellis convolutional coder FSM
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 02:05:20 +0200

Hi,

I'm working on a modulator using a punctured (non-recursive) convolutional
coder based on a 1/2 rate mother code with length 7.

However I find the documentation of gr-trellis pretty hard to read, I don't
really understand how punctuation should actually be implemented.

Are there any additional documents or papers on designing the FSM of a
convolutional coder?

Thanks,
Clemens