[Discuss-gnuradio] Registering Custom Data Types

From: Ryan Wolfarth
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Registering Custom Data Types
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 00:11:44 -0400

Hi again,

The "device streaming" documentation mentions that users may register their own data types and converter routines.  I'd like to implement a converter that takes the sc8 data type from the wire and converts to an sc8 host data type.  It looks like Josh added this functionality in November of last year.  Could I make use of this converter in rx_samples_to_file?  If so, can you provide an example of general converter use?  This is also cited as "todo" in the "Device streaming" documentation.

Thank you,
Ryan

Setup: Dell PowerEdge R510 running UHD 3.4.2 on Ubuntu 12.04 server.