Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mono-Pulse for GRC 3.6.0

From: Michael Hill
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Mono-Pulse for GRC 3.6.0
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 22:56:39 +0930

Hi Jonathon,

I was starting to suspect that was the case, thanks for clearing that up for me :)

Cheers

-Michael

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 2:31 AM, Johnathan Corgan <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 1:12 AM, Michael Hill <address@hidden> wrote:

I'm quite new to Linux / GNU Radio / these lists and am looking to generate Signal Pulses.
It seems that gnuradio-radar-mono.py would be ideal for this but wasn't installed with my GRC 3.6
nor has it been updated for a long time. According to the documentation it requires a custom FPGA build to get working?

Sorry to inform you but the functionality in gr-radar-mono was obsoleted some time ago and removed from the GNU Radio distribution.  It required a custom USRP1 FPGA image which is no longer distributed, and its functionality depened on the old libusrp library that is also no longer part of GNU Radio.

That being said, I'd encourage you define the functionality you want for your application and implement these on your own via GRC or Python if possible.  The process of understanding what features you want and mapping those to the blocks available in GNU Radio is a great learning experience.

Johnathan