[Discuss-gnuradio] Remove USRP filters.

From: Andrew Davis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Remove USRP filters.
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 16:01:48 -0400

Hello all,

Not sure if this belongs here, but I found an old wireless gameboy
messager (
http://www.amazon.com/Game-Boy-Advance-Wireless-Messenger/dp/B0002IQOR8
) and would like to intercept the messages. It uses a CC1020 RF modem
in the 915MHz band. The problem is it uses FHSS in a 26Mhz bandwidth.
When listening with my USRP I get mostly aliasing noise form out of
band hops ( I can only hear 16MHz with the USRP ). I don't think I
need to find the hopping code as I can just listen to all channels at
once. So my plan is to somehow remove at least one stage of filtering
from the FPGA so I can sample at ~4MSPS and have all out of band
signals aliased into that bandwidth. My questions is can this be done
and is my DSP info correct ( Can this work? ).

Thank you all.