[Discuss-gnuradio] how to get a range of receiving SNRs

From: azalea au
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to get a range of receiving SNRs
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 16:12:08 +0800 (CST)

Dear all,

I'm transmitting some data between two usrps (N210) and using OFDM blocks in GRC in the two computers. My experiment is getting BER in a range of SNRs, like 0~20dB. So I need to set the usrps to get a range of SNRs. However, fixing one usrp and moving the other along a line from 0m to 3m doesn't change SNR much.  I also tried tuning antenna gain of UHD source in GRC and found that higher the receiving gain, lower the SNR, why? Also, the highest SNR I ever got is around 9dB using 16qam.

However, could anyone tell me how to set or locate usrps to get a series of gradually increasing SNRs from 0~20dB? Thank you very munch! Any help is appreciated.

Best,
Jia