Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] about the tunnel.py

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] about the tunnel.py
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 01:51:13 -0500

The tunnel.py problem seems being complained for thousand times.... :)  No one has final solution now, at least in the archive.

In my experience, actually, this is a full-duplex problem. If your daughter board can only support half-duplex, you need additional time to switch to RX right after your transmission.
However, if you use a board of full-duplex, the RX and TX frequency should have difference more than the bandwidth of the RF (about 40MHz for SBX). But even I set the |RX - TX| > 40MHz, the flow control at each side is needed, i.e, the messages can not be transmitted with too short interval, otherwise, it can not receive the reply in time.... It is very strange.