Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot make new signal processing block

From: Martin Braun (CEL)
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cannot make new signal processing block
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:26:13 +0200

On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 02:08:42AM -0700, nexy_sm wrote:
> First of all, I would like to say that the biggest problem was lack of my
> knowledge in Linux.
> I was strictly following instructions from gnuradio.org about making out of
> tree signal processing block, and there is not stated that i have to do
> /make install/ before testing module.

Hm, you shouldn't need to do that. (That's why it's not in the
instructions.)

> Also, nowhere is stated stest -V, for getting more error information, and
> also using -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, whish is used for setting base address or
> whatever.

That's already what I'd consider 'advanced' usage, which is why it's not
in the tutorial, either. Although I guess 'ctest -V' could be in there.

> Maybe somebody should make detailed tutorials, for the people that knows
> only signal processing, not Linux, just for smooth start, unti they get
> used.

Since you just went through the process, how about writing something
while the knowledge is still fresh?

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)