Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LibUSRP vs LibUHD Performance on older machines

From: Tom Hendrick
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] LibUSRP vs LibUHD Performance on older machines
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 23:22:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Josh,
I ran the single USRP 4MS/s channel recorded to four files at 500MS/s script again for longer durations.  I now saw more overruns just as I would with the four USRP 1MS/s channels recorded to four files at 500MS/s.

I also looked at the GRC script for the older libusrp version.  The USRP block is a custom written one that has four outputs.  I'm not sure how the interleaver/de-interleaver is handled in that custom block istelf, but in the rest of the GRC script there is no additional interleave or de-interleave block used.  The particular USRP block I'm using was written by a GNURadio user in 2009.

Given all of the above it seems like maybe the combination of ubuntu 12.04 and libuhd requires more processing power than  the older setup that has worked flawless?  It would be nice to make the newer setup work with overruns but I'm out of ideas.

Thanks, -Tom