Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building gnuradio/next (Linux Mint 14/64)

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Trouble building gnuradio/next (Linux Mint 14/64)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 10:47:45 -0400

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Tommy Tracy II <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm having exactly the same problem with my Ubuntu machine..
>
> Tommy James Tracy II
> Ph.D Student
> High Performance Low Power Lab
> University of Virginia
> Phone: 913-775-2241
>
> On Mar 28, 2013, at 12:27 AM, "Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras" <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> First attempt was just git pull / cd master / make, then I received some
> error regarding access rights. Huh?! Then I tried git clean -d -x -f, it did
> not remove the folder, so I sudo-deleted the folder, mkdir master, cd
> master, cmake .., make. The result I mailed to the list. When I went back
> two days earlier everything builds fine, after a git pull again it does not
> build, so I can assume my system so far should be OK.
>
> The only "stranke thing" on my machine I am aware of is a minimum gnuradio
> 3.4.2 installation that I need to operate OpenBTS. I need to uninstall it to
> build some osmocom stuff (gr-... and other).
>
> Ralph.

Ok, I recognize the problem, but I can't replicate it on my Ubuntu
machines. It's a SWIG issue where it looks like it thinks you're
redefining typedef. It's related to some fixes I made for the
processor affinity work and some typedefs that needed handling
differently.

I have a Mint 14 (64-bit) VM up and running and testing this there to
see if I can duplicate the problem.

Tom