Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Radio frequency range description list?

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Radio frequency range description list?
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2013 16:51:31 +0200

Hi Andre,

I think it would be a mistake to consider a no reply on this list as a
general no to your question. Clearly, there must be such databases out
there, otherwise maintaining things like the US Frequency Allocation
Chart [1] or the ITU-RR [2] would be a nightmare. How you get the
source of those publications I do not know. There are also smaller
databases embedded in various SDR and other receiver software out
there that could be a starting point.

I foresee two significant challenges in implementing your idea:
- Most of the spectrum is allocated for multiple uses
- Allocations are in most cases made for specific uses but they do not
necessarily imply a specific configuration

I think it will be a big help for you to narrow down the scope as much
as possible.

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:United_States_Frequency_Allocations_Chart_2011_-_The_Radio_Spectrum.pdf
[2] http://www.itu.int/pub/R-REG-RR