Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cheap reference clock using a cell phone

From: Ian Buckley
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] cheap reference clock using a cell phone
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 14:21:39 -0700

Neat idea! Presumably he just tapped the (buffered?) output of the VCTCXO on the phone which has is being actively steered by the phones operation, and I'm guessing the breadboard is a fractional-N PLL to get it to the frequency needed to replace the existing RTL_SDR clock.
Not exactly durable though. Plus you now have an active cellphone next to your SDR…