Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff

From: Bastian Bloessl
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Some new 802.15.4 stuff
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 16:21:44 +0200

Hi Tom,

thanks for your response!

On 04/15/2013 03:55 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
So can you point out where that gettimeofday call is being made? We
should be dealing with that situation in cmake, so if something's
going wrong, let us know.
It's not a problem of GNU Radio. I use gettimeofday to time stamp the received packets for the pcap trace file. I guess I should search for a better function. I will have a look at the UHD blocks.

And the '(old)' block were recently discussed in a mailing list post
from a couple of weeks ago. This is just us telling you that these are
the old-style blocks in 3.6. They will still work for the time being,
but if you upgrade to 3.7, they will have disappeared. The (old)
indication is so that you can switch them out with the new blocks that
are functionally equivalent but now in the 3.7 style so they can be
future compatible when updating to 3.7.
I was just not sure what happens when I upload a flow graph where (at least locally) some blocks are marked '(old)' and someone with 3.6.4 tries to run them. But it looks like it should work, as at least in the .grc files there is no 'old'.

Best,
Bastian