[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio (etc) via MacPorts Update

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio (etc) via MacPorts Update
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 13:49:30 -0400

I finally finished the gnuradio (and related) ports today, for install via
MacPorts on Mac OS X (mainly 10.6+, but should work on 10.4+).  I split
gr-osmosdr off such that there is a 3.6 API version and a 3.7 API version --
respective: gr-osmosdr and gr-osmosdr-next.  The GNU Radio ports are split
similarly: gnuradio and gnuradio-devel are for 3.6 API, and gnuradio-next is
for 3.7 API.  gnuradio-devel will track to 'maint' branch, while gnuradio-next
will track the 'master' branch until, and maybe beyond, the 3.7 release -- I'll
deal with that issue when the release gets there.

Not surprisingly, gr-osmosdr-next requires gnuradio-next; MacPorts will verify
that the correct ports are installed.  gr-osmosdr required either gnuradio or
gnuradio-devel, so I had to add a specific check to make sure gnuradio-next is
not installed.  After quite a bit of testing to make sure the various tests
worked, I pushed the commits yesterday and today, and I think all is OK again
in MacPorts GNU Radio land after last week's merging of master and next, and
moving towards using the 3.7 API and away from the 3.6 API.

If you have any issue that you believe is MacPorts related, let me know here,
to my email directly, via MacPorts user's list, or via a MacPorts ticket.  If
you use Mac OS X and have an issue with GNU Radio, no matter how it is
installed, I can generally help you out, too.  Happy hacking! - MLD