Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUIs are not showing in 'master'

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUIs are not showing in 'master'
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 21:48:50 -0400

On Jun 21, 2013, at 5:40 PM, Sylvain Munaut <address@hidden> wrote:
> <0001-wxgui-Fixes-to-solde-issues-using-wx-GL-sinks-on-OS-.patch>

Comparing this file to the commit that was reverted, the only difference I see
is:

This file:
{{{
+               wx.glcanvas.GLCanvas.__init__(self, parent, wx.ID_ANY,
attribList=attribList);  # Specifically use the CTOR which does NOT create an
implicit GL context
}}}

Commit:
{{{
+               wx.glcanvas.GLCanvas.__init__(self, parent, wx.ID_ANY,
attribList);     # Specifically use the CTOR which does NOT create an implicit
GL context
}}}

According to < http://wxpython.org/docs/api/wx.glcanvas.GLCanvas-class.html >,
the API for this call should be:
{{{
__init__(self, parent, id=-1, pos=DefaultPosition, size=DefaultSize, style=0,
name=GLCanvasNameStr, attribList=None,palette=wxNullPalette)
}}}

So fixing the init call as above with "attribList=attribList" should fix a bug
that might effect all implementations.  If the prior commit worked on OSX, and
I believe it did, then this version should too since all it does differently is
fix this one bug.  Nice catch, Sylvain!

I would encourage other Linux & Windows users to try out this fix, to make sure
it works across all major platforms. - MLD