[Discuss-gnuradio] Error "failed to allocate buffer" on execution of a p

From: Manu T S
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error "failed to allocate buffer" on execution of a python script
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 20:19:35 +0530

I have made an LDPC encoder and decoder block derived from gr_sync_block. A python application with a top block defining the connections and a main function calling run() method in the top block is written to test these blocks.

The codes are available in the following repo.
https://github.com/manuts/ldpc

I'm getting this error on running a python application.
gr::vmcircbuf_sysv_shm: shmget(1): No space left on device
gr::buffer::allocate_buffer: failed to allocate buffer of size 64 KB
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc
Aborted
I used htop to test the memory usage, but memory usage was alright, but the CPU usage was going 100%. What could be the reason for this error?

--
Manu T S