Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error "failed to allocate buffer" on execution of

From: Manos Surligas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error "failed to allocate buffer" on execution of a python script
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 02:21:31 +0300

I had a similar problem a couple of weeks ago on my Linux system.

Some systems have a low value on the total amount of shared memory that can be allocated by a program or all programs together. This is a kernel parameter and of course can be altered.

To view the current values just run

sysctl --all

as root and search for the kernel.shmall and kernel.shmmax entries and their values. The numbers indicating the amount of memory in bytes. If they are low, you should change them with a bigger value.