Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot import gnuradio.extras after reinstall the

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot import gnuradio.extras after reinstall the latest gnuradio
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 16:05:50 -0400

On 08/07/2013 05:23 AM, Ralph A. Schmid, dk5ras wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Will it be possible to install gras into a system that already has an
> installed gnuradio version, latest 3.7 build, or is it recommended to remove
> the single gr 3.7 installation before building gras? If the latter is
> recommended, will I run into trouble with other tools that depend on
> gnuradio, or is this not an issue? gr-osmosdr, gqrx and similar stuff comes
> in my mind...

Its basically the same as having multiple versions of gnuradio
installed, especially considering that between major versions theres API
and ABI issues. So I would just recommend putting the installs in
different prefixes. I do this all the time for my benchmarking.

Here is one of the path scripts, I just run: source foo.sh

derp_prefix=/opt/usr/gr
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${derp_prefix}/lib/pkgconfig:${PKG_CONFIG_PATH}
export PATH=${derp_prefix}/bin:$PATH
export PYTHONPATH=${derp_prefix}/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:$PYTHONPATH
export GRC_BLOCKS_PATH=${derp_prefix}/share/gnuradio/grc/blocks
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${derp_prefix}/lib

-josh