Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build problems on mac os 10.8

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Build problems on mac os 10.8
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 21:38:55 -0400

wxWidgets and wxPython are still hosed in MacPorts.  I've tried to convince the
maintainer of those to revert wxWidgets back to @2.9.4, since that worked with
all of the dependent ports; but, he has refused to do so while he (and others,
including me) work on a branch to fix this massive problem (wx within
MacPorts).  In the meantime, you can still install GNU Radio without wxgui, by
specifying each variant you wish -- just not +wxgui.  So, instead of using
+full, you could use:
{{{
sudo port install gnuradio
+docs+grc+jack+orc+portaudio+python27+qtgui+sdl+swig+uhd+wavelet
}}}
and get everything except wxgui.  I tried "sudo port install gnuradio +full
-wxgui" but that fails for some reason; I'll ask on the MacPorts list to see
what they say.  I will let the list know when some resolution has come of this
issue, but I think this is the best work-around for now (and, yes, it works for
me). - MLD